IT of Our Lady of Holy Cross College is here to ensure College technology is up to date and practical in the classroom. Our goal is to provide top-notch training and everyday support for the users of our complex systems, while at the same time maintaining consistent and diligent data security practices. IT seeks to make sure our infrastructure positively impacts the classroom experience for students and faculty, enhances the administrative support arm of the College, and uses technology on our campus that promotes the highest productivity for everyone.
Hours & Location
The Office of Information Technology (IT) is located on the 2nd floor of the main building in West Hall across from the Nursing labs and is open Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. and Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. The IT phone number is 504-398-2106.
The Academic Skills Center (ASC)
The ASC is located on the 1st floor near the Cafe andis open to all students currently enrolled at OLHCC. The ASC provides access to publishing tools and educational software as well as Internet resources. Several computers are available for students to use. Each computer has printer access and staple and hole punch equipment.
Academic Skills Center Hours (during a regular semester are)
Monday - Thursday.............8:00AM to 8:00PM
Friday.................................8:00AM to 4:00PM
Saturday......................................8:00AM to 2:00PM
Sunday - CLOSED
- Add Public Folder in Web Mail
- How to Access Public Folders (PDF)
- How to access Public Folders in Outlook
- One Drive, Sites & Feeds
- How to share your outlook calendar
Blackboard - For Students
- Blackboard (Bb) Overview for Students (PDF) Updated for the new Bb 9.1!
- Blackboard How-To Videos
- Creating a Thread in Discussion Board (Video)
- Replying to a Thread to the Discussion Board (Video)
- Blackboard File Naming Guidelines (PDF)
- Bb-Removing Completed Courses From View (PDF)
Blackboard - For Faculty
Blackboard (Bb) tutorials for Faculty can be found in the course named Faculty Blackboard 9 Training (sp13.FAC100.1) in the "Courses where you are: Student" area on the 'OLHCC Online' tab when you sign in to your Bb account.
- How-To For Faculty and Staff:
- Authorize Online Registration (PDF)
- Blackboard How-To Videos for Faculty
Other Helpful Tutorials