Professional librarians are available to assist patrons.
Bibliographic instruction, conducted by the librarians, is provided to individuals as requested and to groups and classes by appointment.
Reserve materials are to be used by students in the Library and are housed at the circulation desk. To place materials on reserve, faculty may obtain forms at the circulation desk or online.
- Placing Materials on Reserve (PDF)
- Removing Materials from Reserve (PDF)
- Off-Campus Access Directions (PDF)
- Interlibrary Loan Directions (PDF)
- Interlibrary Loan Form (PDF)
The Blaine S. Kern Library participates in the following consortia.
- LOUIS: The Louisiana Library Network
- CALL: Council on Academic Libraries Liaison is a consortium of the eleven academic libraries in the New Orleans area (Delgado Community College, Dillard University, Loyola University, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, Notre Dame Seminary, Nunez Community College, Our Lady of Holy Cross College, Southern University at New Orleans, Tulane University, University of New Orleans, Xavier University) .
- LALINC: Louisiana Academic Library Information Network Consortium includes the libraries of numerous colleges and universities throughout the state of Louisiana.
- Students in graduate programs and faculty members who wish to borrow materials from Louisiana academic libraries may obtain a LALINC/CALL card from the Director of Library Services.
The OLHCC community can recommend that the library purchase materials for the Library collection. Request forms are available at the circulation desk and online. Requests may also be submitted electronically.