OLHCC Scholarship Information
Our Lady of Holy Cross College believes that individuals who possess a desire to continue their education and show a commitment to improving themselves can apply for scholarships. Our Lady of Holy Cross College offers scholarship opportunities to defer the cost of coursework taken at the College. The College recognizes within its published mission statement that the education of the total person is its primary goal. In keeping with this philosophy, it strives to offer the opportunity to develop skills and meet challenges through the pursuit of education. Scholarship opportunities will be provided to entering and continuing students based on merit and/or need.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- The scholarship application deadline is January 1st before the Fall semester the applicant intends to attend.
- OLHCC scholarships are awarded each academic year and are divided over the course of two semesters.
Students applying for scholarships at Our Lady of Holy Cross College must meet the following requirements by the January 1st deadline:
- Have a completed scholarship application or application for admission
- Have no outstanding financial obligations at OLHCC;
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher (The Moreau and Presidential scholarships require a 3.75 or higher grade point average and an ACT composite score of 23 or higher);
- First time freshman must have an ACT composite score of 20 or higher;
- Transfer and continuing OLHCC students must have completed a minimum of 12 college level credits.
Scholarship Application Process
Students applying for scholarships at Our Lady of Holy Cross College must submit the following documents by the January 1st deadline:
- Submit an application for admission to Our Lady of Holy Cross College;
- Pay the $25.00 admissions application fee;
- First time freshman must submit a current high school transcript and ACT scores;
- Transfer students must submit transcripts from all previous colleges attended. Transcripts should be sent directly from the previous institutions to the OLHCC Enrollment Office;
- Continuing OLHCC students must submit a scholarship application, which they can obtain from the Office of Financial Aid;
- Apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSA at www.FAFSA.ed.gov. (This does not need to be completed by January 1st, but must be completed before disbursement of the scholarship to the student.)
Awarding of Scholarships
- A committee of administrators, faculty and staff meet to determine which students meet the criteria set forth to receive scholarships.
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship process contact:
Financial Aid Coordinator
4123 Woodland Drive
New Orleans, LA 70131